Thursday, November 4, 2010

Article: In Support Of Hosiery And Open Toed Shoes

Julee Wilson shows women how to wear opened toed shoes and hosiery. I recommend that women go with it.

As for men, I think that the only open toed shoes that we have are casual sandals, and I kind of wonder if we can get away with it. If we do not care about how we look, and if we do not mind getting dirt and rough stuff between our hosiery and sandals, then we definitely can. There are situations like that, I am sure, but for the most part, I think that guys cannot get away with it.

Do any of you guys and gals wear hosiery and sandals?

2 comments:

  1. I don't know where exactly it's coming from that you shouldn't wear hosiery with open-toe shoes but I imagine that when hosiery wasn't so "advanced" with Lycra, it would sag a lot and gather up in the toe area, causing the tips of the hosiery sneak out of the shoe. Do you get what I mean? Looked gross. :P
    I don't think it's a taboo anymore. I love colored tights with open-toe sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alisa, yes it does make sense. It seems very insightful. I wonder if there is a way to find out for sure. For now, I'm just going to believe it.

    Thanks for sharing. It would have never occurred to me.

    ReplyDelete