Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Importance Of Choosing Good Boots

I wanted to recommend the perfect types of boots to wear with your hosiery and formal shorts in winter, when you actually have snow on the ground. It turned out to be a bit of a challenge, because most the men's winter boots tend to be casual. Read the remainder of the blog entry to see my 1 recommendation.

Bear in mind that I do not make recommendations for casual winter wear, because it is easier to do that on your own, without my help.

The thing that inspires me for formal boots is the way that they used to dress in the 1800s, up until the 1940s. In those days, many people rode horses, and they did not want baggy pants. Even when they did not wear boots, they wore hosiery and shoes, that combined to almost resemble the boots of the day. In other words, the hosiery and shoes created a sleek look from below the knees to the toe. It was easy to see why people liked that style: riding was familiar to them, and the clothes had to match the circumstances. When we choose clothing, our clothing must also match our circumstances, or at least match the circumstances of the past.

Bear in mind that I am describing it as I see it. For a more authoritative perspective, consult these blog entries.

For our modern day sensibilities, I recommend something similiar to Cavalry. I like them, because it goes up to the calves, or up to just below the knees, and also because the styling of the boot is relatively clean. You do not have lots of patterns and distracting lines. The only thing that I do not like is the price. I consider $100 to be a lot of money. I recommend looking around.

This page shows us some moccasin styled boots, that are similar to Ugg boots. I do not think that they are appropriate for men, but I think that I could warm up to them in time.

Remember to buy something that is thick enough to keep you warm, and that suits your semi formal to formal attire. Ideally, you will not have to change your footwear when you arrive at your destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment