Monday, June 11, 2012

Letter Of Complaint To Wolford Regarding Work

A few days ago, I wrote about Wolford rejecting me for employment. In that blog post, I mentioned that I wrote a letter to Wolford. Read the remainder of the blog post to read the letter for yourself.

Greetings.

On 2 separate occasions, I asked about applying for work at Wolford's Vancouver store, because I have a passion for hosiery.

I am very eager to help high quality brands establish themselves in Canada. I even blog about you and your competitors, and I encourage my readers to go to your store and welcome you and your competitors.

On both occasions, I was rejected because I am a guy: once by the manager and once by the assistant manager. Is there a good reason for this? In 1 case, the manager never bothered to look at my resume. In the other case, the assistant manager never even showed interest in whether or not I had a resume.

Please add my email address to the CC field, if you forward my email to Mr. Johannes Metzler, Personnel Officer, and/or the Vancouver staff. I would like to see that there have been efforts to solve this issue.

I would definitely like a response.

You could read more about me.
http://hosieryadvocate.blogspot.com/p/about.html
http://hosieryadvocate.blogspot.com/search/label/brands
http://hosieryadvocate.blogspot.com/

-- 
Sincerely, and with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong

I would love your feedback. Was I being silly? Should I have even done it?

Thank you for reading!

7 comments:

  1. Yeah man, you sound whiny as hell. And it makes you seem less credible.

    Sorry if this sounds harsh, but you always make yourself sound victimized. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eugene, I like the concept, but I think I'd use maybe a different form of expressing the concern.

    If their answer is "we don't hire men", then why even talk about resumes?

    My way of putting it would be "Why aren't men being considered for these positions?".

    Hey, if you are OK with it, maybe I can mention this topic on my blog too with a reference (link) to your experience.

    I think you should try to apply to Fogal. See what happens. I wouldn't be surprised that maybe they'll have the same policy once it actually reaches their HR department.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, go ahead and blog about it. I think that the manager knows what she is talking about, though.

      Also, would you please correct your blog post about Fogal being across the corner?

      Delete
  3. Eugene, thanks, I'll correct my blog post. I was just really tied up after my trip to Europe.

    I went to Wolford and asked if they hire men. The lady said "yes", but then also mentioned that some customers don't feel comfortable with the changeroom situation if it's a male assisting them.

    But yeah, I mentioned your blog.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that she is deceiving you. The assistant manager and the manager said to me that they don't. Did you speak to a regular sales staff, or somebody higher up?

      Delete
  4. Eugene, I actually don't know if that girl was a sales girl or a manager... I didn't ask her.

    But why not try to apply to Fogal? I think you'd be great for that job.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eugene, check my blog on this topic...

    A man wrote:

    "I was in London recently and noticed a man behind the counter at a Wolford store. If they are trying on some piece of underwear and they need “hands on” assistance then have the lady step in. "

    So in England they hire men.

    ReplyDelete