Thursday, November 29, 2012

Used Hosiery: Sauna Clothing

The other day, I had some time, so I stepped into my parents's sauna, for the first time. I actually felt quite intimidated, because I typically do not enjoy heat. It was a positive experience, though, because I was able to do a stretching exercise. I used it by myself, so I was also able to wear bike shorts length hosiery, just for fun. Not surprisingly, wearing hosiery without shorts or pants was a pleasant experience. If you are fortunate enough to have access to a private sauna, then I encourage you to save some hosiery for wearing in the sauna.

I think that the heat would damages the elasticity of the fabric, when it is worn at the same time. The idea is that the wearing stretches it, and the heat allows it to soften enough to reshape. I think that the only way to get it back to good condition is to heat it up while it is agitated and soaked in hot liquid. It is probably not worth it, though. That is why I suggest only using used hosiery.

Have any of you worn hosiery in a hot tub or sauna? What happens to the hosiery? Is it damaged?

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment